Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick Pick Databases
A selection of some of the most commonly referenced Databases from the Health Sciences Library.
- comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Includes Links to Full-Text Articles where available.
- Evidence-Based Clinical Information on 3,000+ Topics.
- Evidence is evaluated using two systems: Levels of Evidence & GRADE.
- Includes: Point-of-Care Tools, ICD-9 Codes & Patient Information.
- 3,300+ Brand-Name & Generic Prescription Drugs and 600+ Alternative Medicines.
- Includes: Prescribing Information, Pill Pictures & Identifier, and Drug - Herbal Interaction Tool.
- A Comprehensive, Point-of-Care, Drug Information Database.
- An Evidence-Based, Clinical Decision Support Resource.
- Created by Physicians to assist in making the best decisions at the Point-of-Care.
- Bibliographic & Reference management software for organizing References, Files, & PDFs.
- Bibliography & Figure List creation and management.
- Supports Multiple Languages.
Databases as Apps
- Epocrates provides drug information, interaction check, pill ID, clinical practice guidelines, formulary, athenaText, tables, and calculators.
- Epocrates Plus provides access to all the free content plus disease information, alternative medicine, ICD-10 and CPT codes, infectious disease treatment, and labs.
- Epocrates Plus is available to medical students only. Please contact Raney Collins for more information.
- The mobile App version of the UpToDate database; an evidence-based, clinical-decision support resource.
- Mobile access to DynaMed's content featuring Offline content access and Topic bookmarking & notations.
- For installation instructions, see the M1 Technology Guide.
- App version of the EndNote Citation Management system.
- Syncs with user's EndNote Web account.
Databases for BMS 6634
A short list of Health Sciences Library provided Databases for the BMS 6634 module.
- Instant answers to Clinical questions.
- Clinical Case Files & Self-Assessment questions.
- E-Textbooks: Harrison's Online, Hurst's The Heart, Principles of Critical Care, and the Lange Series Textbooks.
- Peer-Reviewed Practice Guidelines.
- Customizable Patient Handouts.
- Gold Standard Drug Information.
- Full-Text Medical Reference Books & Journals.
- Full-Text Clinics Series.
The Cochrane Library
Contains the following Databases:
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- Database of Abstracts of Review of Effects
- Health Technology Assessment
- National Health Service Economic Evaluation
Facts & Comparisons E-Answers
- Authoritative Drug Information.
- Includes: A-Z Drug Facts, Drug Identification Tool, Herbal Interaction Facts, MedFacts Patient Information, 5-Minute Consult Series, and More.
- Provides Tools for understanding & applying Medical Literature and making Clinical Diagnosis.
- Includes: The User's Guide to Medical Literature, and The Rational Clinical Examination.
- Prescription Information on Drugs & Devices.
- Resource for the Diagnosis & Treatment of Medical Conditions.
Normal Lab Values [Facts & Comparisons]
- Normal Reference Values for common Laboratory Tests.
- Traditional and SI Units.
- WARNING: These Tables are a guideline only! Actual values may vary.
Guide to Diagnostic Tests, 7e
- 350+ Laboratory and Microbiology Tests.
- Includes: Key Test References, Test Tables & Algorithms, and Diseases Associated with Abnormal Results.
- Also covers Diagnostic Imaging and Electrocardiology.
Thieme MedOne Education
- Full-Color, Downloadable E-Textbooks from Thieme's renowned Color Atlases and Flexibook Series.
Treatment Guidelines from the Medical Letter
- Prescribing Recommendations for treatment of major indications.
- First-Choice and Alternative Drug Recommendations.
- Comparative assessment of drug effectiveness, safety, & cost.
Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library