Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick Pick Databases
A selection of some of the most commonly referenced Databases from the Health Sciences Library.
- comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Includes Links to Full-Text Articles where available.
- Evidence-Based Clinical Information on 3,000+ Topics.
- Evidence is evaluated using two systems: Levels of Evidence & GRADE.
- Includes: Point-of-Care Tools, ICD-9 Codes & Patient Information.
- 3,300+ Brand-Name & Generic Prescription Drugs and 600+ Alternative Medicines.
- Includes: Prescribing Information, Pill Pictures & Identifier, and Drug - Herbal Interaction Tool.
- A Comprehensive, Point-of-Care, Drug Information Database.
- An Evidence-Based, Clinical Decision Support Resource.
- Created by Physicians to assist in making the best decisions at the Point-of-Care.
- Bibliographic & Reference management software for organizing References, Files, & PDFs.
- Bibliography & Figure List creation and management.
- Supports Multiple Languages.
Databases as Apps
- Epocrates provides drug information, interaction check, pill ID, clinical practice guidelines, formulary, athenaText, tables, and calculators.
- Epocrates Plus provides access to all the free content plus disease information, alternative medicine, ICD-10 and CPT codes, infectious disease treatment, and labs.
- Epocrates Plus is available to medical students only. Please contact Raney Collins for more information.
- The mobile App version of the UpToDate database; an evidence-based, clinical-decision support resource.
- Mobile access to DynaMed's content featuring Offline content access and Topic bookmarking & notations.
- For installation instructions, see the M1 Technology Guide.
- App version of the EndNote Citation Management system.
- Syncs with user's EndNote Web account.
A short list of Health Sciences Library provided Databases for the BMS 6002 module.
AccessMedicine: Image Search
- High-quality images of diseases and disorders.
- In the Advanced Search, click on Images, type a keyword, and hit search.
- Source citation information is included if the image is downloaded as a PowerPoint slide.
Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
- 300+ narrated videos of actual cadaver specimens.
- Optimized for web, mobile, and tablet access.
- Produced by: Dr. Robert D. Acland, FRCS; Microsurgeon & Clinical Anatomist.
Bassett Collection of Stereoscopic Images of Human Anatomy
- Images from the 1962 edition of Stereoscopic Atlas of Human Anatomy.
- Content Licensed under: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.
- Images may be used for noncommercial purposes as long as the author is attributed with the image.
- 3M+ High-Quality Images from Elsevier medical textbooks.
- Source citation information is included if the image is downloaded as a PowerPoint slide. This requires a FREE account.
Gray's Anatomy Plates
- High-Quality Images from the 20th Edition of Gray's Anatomy (1918).
- Each image has an individualized copyright statements; please review permissions before use.
- Images from Medscape articles.
- Free registration is required to access some content.
Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library