Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A list of Health Sciences Library provided Databases for student use in the
MDC 7800 Clerkship module.
- comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- Includes Links to Full-Text Articles where available.
- Instant answers to Clinical questions.
- Clinical Case Files & Self-Assessment questions.
- E-Textbooks: Harrison's Online, Hurst's The Heart, Principles of Critical Care, and the Lange Series Textbooks.
- An Evidence-Based, Clinical Decision Support tool which provides evidence-based recommendations on 3,000+ topics.
- Evidence is evaluated using two systems: Levels of Evidence & GRADE.
- Includes: Point-of-Care tools, ICD-9 codes, & Patient Information.
- Available as a mobile App.
- An Evidence-Based, Clinical Decision Support Resource.
- Authored by Physicians to help Healthcare Practitioners make the best decisions at the Point-of-Care.
- Available as an app.
- Epocrates (Free Version): provides drug information, pill ID, pill interaction check, clinical practice guidelines, tables, and calculators.
- Epocrates Plus (Full Version): includes all of the free content plus disease information, alternative medicine, ICD-10 and CPT codes, infectious disease treatment, and labs.
- Epocrates Plus is available to Medical Students only. Please contact Raney Collins for more information.
- Comprehensive, timely, and relevant clinical information for patient care, geared towards clinicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Free registration required to access some content.
- Weekly updates of FDA-approved Drug information and alerts
- Provides drug look-up and comparisons, interaction checkers, pill identifiers, and more
- Available as an app
A list of Apps suggested for student use in the MDC 7800 Clerkship module.
- Mobile access to DynaMed content
- Features Offline content access, Topic bookmarking, and Topic notations
- For installation instructions please see the M1 Technology Guide
- Epocrates provides drug information, interaction check, pill ID, clinical practice guidelines, formulary, athenaText, tables, and calculators.
- Epocrates Plus provides access to all the free content plus disease information, alternative medicine, ICD-10 and CPT codes, infectious disease treatment, and labs.
- Epocrates Plus is available to medical students only. Please contact Raney Collins for more information.
- 8,500+ drugs, herbals, and supplements along with 6,200+ Reference articles for decision-making support
- Clinical tools: point-of-care drug and disease information, drug interaction checker, and pill identifier
- Free Medscape account required for app
- mobilePDR® is the OFFICIAL drug information app from PDR®
- mobilePDR allows: Quick drug lookup, Drug comparison by left-right swipe, Drug interaction checker, Pill identifier, and more
- Registration for a free account is required
Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library